Saturday, March 17, 2012

Let's do a Stargazer Wedding

Let's have a OUTDOOR Stargazer wedding !
April 21st my youngest son and his lovely fiancee is getting married. 
As this blog was originally started to tell what I was doing with flowers & my family ... I thought I'd share this experience too.
They asked me to take care of the flowers... OMG , they want me to arrange flowers , I am the one who smashes them !

Then after looking at many wonderful silk arrangements . I was told , I really want real not fake ,as my sweet brown eyed son says!

Real flowers ,she is sure about stargazer lilies ,but we had to decide on the rest .
 Colors... Hot Pink / Black / Blue (  near country blue)
It is going to be outdoors , Weather willing , or in the reception hall if bad weather . Lord forbid. 

 I found this neat video at

 outdoor wedding layouts

 Here is a set of silk wedding flowers ,gives an idea of what flowers we will need.
You will receive bride bouquet as pictured with stargazer lilies. 1 maid of honor arm bouquet, 3 bridesmaids arm bouquet, 1 groom boutonniere, 1 bestman, 3 groomsmens,  2 fathers, 1 ring bearer and 3 boutonnieres you can use for grand father or ushers. 2 mother's corsage and 4 smaller one you can use for grand mothers or sister's and you will receive one toss bouquet

She liked blue dendrobium orchids , found these preserved blue that look close

I wonder if we could wire them on stems to add to the bouquet?

this place had some cool pictures and advice

here is one picture

 here is a blog with the stargazer and blue orchid

Other ideas ...If you have any hints PLEASE let me know asap.

good tips on ideas ,good saving

how to make water lilies out of duct tape 
Don't think I will get time to make those ,but cool idea.
Here are more ideas I looked at and thought it was worth sharing to any Bride to Be' s out there on a budget .

how to make origami lily

 a neat flower bracelet idea

neat idea thumb print tree,default,pd.html?start=5&cgid=projects-wedding-weddingmemories

confetti cones,default,pd.html?start=13&cgid=projects-wedding-favors

guest cards for advice,default,pd.html?start=9&cgid=projects-wedding-weddingmemories 
could use a big jar for the guest cards and matching candy jars,default,pd.html?start=32&cgid=projects-wedding-centerpieces

Well I am off to post more ideas .Been working on the flower list so come on back.

Peace and Blessings be upon you .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wish I knew an easier way for folks to comment ?
Thanks for leaving a message . I will try to always answer any questions ASAP.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...