Sunday, May 24, 2009

This is an updated picture of the garden above!

Hi all ,I am trying to update some pictures today and saw this , figured I 'd let you see what it looks more like now .
for my "pico de gallo salsa"
pico de gallo, while the tomato-based condiment is better known as salsa picada, which means minced or chopped sauce, or salsa mexicana, because the colors red (tomato), white (onion), and green (chile) are the colors of the Mexican flag.

Pico de gallo can be used in much the same way as Mexican salsas or Indian chutneys, but since it is less liquid, it can also be used as a main ingredient in dishes such as tacos and fajitas.

The silver container has Cilantro . I have onions that multiply . I have 3 types of tomatoes, "yellow heirloom pear tomatoes" , "Better Boy Tomatoes " , and a small " cherry tomato" .
3 kinds of peppers too. all hot!
The tan potter has forget me nots , my 3rd try . Planted seeds straight in the ground and got very little :-( Maybe if I forget abot them they will pop up later! :-)
The elephant ears will be moved this fall , they are protecting a precious strawberry plant given to me last year from a Great Pressed Flower artist and gardener Pat Smith in Tenn. She calls it , "Red Lipstick Strawberry" . The blooms are going to be red! I say going to be , because I have not seen them Yet!! :-(
But I have new runners on it!! :o)
We change it all the time , I call it the starter garden ! Only thing will stay in the long run is my herbs. I will update soon ! click the pic for a close up!this is what is looked like a week or so ago!
I will try to put some close ups of the garden soon! Happy Planting !
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wish I knew an easier way for folks to comment ?
Thanks for leaving a message . I will try to always answer any questions ASAP.
PEACE