It was cut apart and pressed flat in blotter paper and cardboard ,then placed in a box with silica gel.
I sliced the stem off and sliced it in half long wise to dry on a piece of folded blotter paper,then sandwiched it in cardboard, This went in the silica box too.
If you click the flower it will show a big picture for you to get close up!
Okay as I promised here is the 3D flower. I used tissue in the center and a Viva paper towel to wrap and protect the flower from getting silica crystals on the flower petals (they are hard to get off!) Then I carefully poured crystals under and over it in a air tight tub.
This one I pressed flat in a padded press place in the silica box. After filling boxes I took the out the next morning and sat them in my truck to heat the boxes for 2 days , brought in for 2 more days, then took them out!
I did have to use a very soft brush to get some of the crystals off but they are soft flexible and gorgeous !
Well that is it for now , I found my glues the other day maybe I can finally get a picture made of this flower to show to you next time ! Thanks for stopping by and check back in for more.