Friday, September 18, 2009

Pressed "Queen of the night" Flowers

This is one I have plans for making a picture of a Queen, this will become part of her dress!
It was cut apart and pressed flat in blotter paper and cardboard ,then placed in a box with silica gel.

I sliced the stem off and sliced it in half long wise to dry on a piece of folded blotter paper,then sandwiched it in cardboard, This went in the silica box too.
If you click the flower it will show a big picture for you to get close up!








This one I pressed flat in a padded press place in the silica box. After filling boxes I took the out the next morning and sat them in my truck to heat the boxes for 2 days , brought in for 2 more days, then took them out! 
I did have to use a very soft brush to get some of the crystals off but they are soft flexible and gorgeous ! 

 
Well that is it for now , I found my glues the other day maybe I can finally get a picture made of this flower to show to you next time ! Thanks for stopping by and check back in for more.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wish I knew an easier way for folks to comment ?
Thanks for leaving a message . I will try to always answer any questions ASAP.
PEACE