Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My October Pressed Flower Class Picture



Hi ,thanks for stopping by to see my newest picture I made for my Master class at WWPFG. We had a fabulous teacher 
Irina Orlova that gave excellent instructions all month long via internet group ! It is so much fun and challenging too.  

It is also interesting to see how each student's picture looks a little different ! Trying to upload from the scanner I realized I was having trouble making My scanner copy it the way it really looked? There are so many things to learn?? so little time . At the guild we have talked about Photoshop and those kind of programs to touch up or change a picture or to just try to make it look real as life? I decided to show You the different varieties my programs did ! I was just playing please don't think I am good at this by far. My computer came loaded with programs ,some I still haven't tried in 3 years??Any way here is some examples! 
All of these pictures you can click to enlarge to see better.
 




This is of a Old wooden windmill in the Ukraine
I tried as hard as I could to copy Irina's lovely work as my skills would allow. When I had trouble with the windmill I decided to search for examples of windmills !? Out of over 300+ images I found 2 like this one from our class!!

This first one on the left has not been touched. It is the nearest to what it looks like real life! It is only an 8 x10 . There are a lot of wonderful fall colors in here from so may neat different plants. And in this case different places from wonderful guild members! The Silver Poplar leaves in the sky came from Pat Smith in Tennessee ! As well as the goose came from Marie Ann Robinson's advice of using this leaf to make a bird! The cool 2 toned plant in the front came from Annamaria in Ireland . The dog was made from banana skin . I started out trying to make another goose but arthritis helped it become a Dog head. 
I like him. 






The one on the right I used a touch up thingy on a free picasaweb program I downloaded ages ago and just decided to try. I did touch up through out . Look under the goose at the shadowing that looks like geese in the distance .That was just a fluke from trying to play with the sky! 
Personally I like the real thing better.




Then there is this one, which I just hit scan on my printer and this is what it came out like?? So we really can change our pictures to look a lot different with those programs !
For the better or worse sometimes. Still looking for my watermark? LOL
Please leave a comment if you enjoyed this info or picture.
Peace 

FYI : here is a link to a windmill like this from the back side ! Hmm ,may need to try that!


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. You did a great job Terica. I was amazed at how the silver poplar leaves look like clouds. I love the "peace" this picture provides. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terica, this is a beautiful picture! I love the goose and the dog is perfect! Glad the instructions on the goose helped. I think Eugenia (on the wwpfg) will be doing a class this winter of a landscape with mallards...we will learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, terica!:-)

    beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!:-)

    love those silver poplar leaves!:-)

    and the dog!:-)

    rebekah:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terica:
    Thanks for the comments of Josephine B. and your support. Please send me a way to contact you by email. I can't seem to find a link to reach you. Thanks so much.
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Terica,that is awesome work !!
    Thank you for your e-mail, so nice of you.
    Just truly amazing art work.
    Happy Holidays to you.
    I will be back for more of your lovely blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be my blog follower on Blogspot

    username: BlackCat

    I never thought pressed flowers could make such beautiful pictures! The "clouds" texture is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Terica! This is SheriFaerie from over at Swap-Bot and I am now your follower here at Blogger as well.:c)

    Oh my goodness, you have a real talent there for making such lovely flower creations!! I absolutely adore the little fairy you made!! That was all with flowers? Amazing! Simply divine.;c) xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

I wish I knew an easier way for folks to comment ?
Thanks for leaving a message . I will try to always answer any questions ASAP.
PEACE