Sunday, January 24, 2010

Plant of the day Yarrow


"The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses." -- Hanna Rion

Strawberry Seduction Yarrow and a few other herbs I planted last spring !I had to dig all these up the fall before from where we moved from . We actually filled a whole truck bed up with just outdoor plants!

Yarrow: It presses easy in a phone book or any press you choose .The red stays red too.The leaves are green ruffled and kind of silvery like butterfly bush leaves. Grows well ,unfortunately snails ,slugs and grasshoppers like them too. this doubled it's size from spring to late summer when it got mowed down by critters .but came back strong before winter hit. I like it! I have had it 2 years now . I can't wait to see it bloom again.
Here is some I pressed last summer!


1 comment:

  1. ohhh, la, la!:-)

    beautiful!:-)

    when does it bloom?...i'm comin' to your house!:-)

    rebekah:-)
    www.flowerox.com

    ReplyDelete

I wish I knew an easier way for folks to comment ?
Thanks for leaving a message . I will try to always answer any questions ASAP.
PEACE