Thursday, November 4, 2010

"Dona Nobis Pacem" , 'Grant Us Peace' !

 Hello everyone Thank You so much for coming by today. I signed up for this blogblast on the 19th of Oct after being invited by Mimi Lenox , the great woman that started this 7 years ago.
I am always trying to promote Peace and hoping to add a little Peace to the world every day .
As it turns out, peace has as many definitions as it does emotions and images.
Peace, as defined by the
Merriam-Webster dictionary:
1. a state of tranquility or quiet
2. freedom from disquieting or oppressive thoughts or emotions
3. harmony in personal relations
4. a state or period of mutual concord between governments; a pact or agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity
5. used interjectional to ask for silence or calm or as a greeting or farewell {which I do daily}
 I decided to add some important quotes to me and hope they touch your heart too. 


We must come to see that peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek,
but a means by which we arrive at that goal.
We must pursue peaceful ends through peaceful means. –Martin Luther King, Jr.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. –Jimi Hendrix

Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice. –Baruch Spinoza

The practice of peace and reconciliation is one of the most vital and artistic of human actions. –Thich Nhat Hanh

One is left with the horrible feeling now that war settles nothing;
that to win a war is as disastrous as to lose one. –Agatha Christie

You can’t shake hands with a clenched fist. –Indira GandhiRead

 Now for a poem a friend shared with me I just added pictures


Imagine that the whole world belongs to you.


The birch trees in New Hampshire's White Mountains are yours,

These Birch trees are copyrighted & made with pressed plant materials by Jacki Harrington . She is the Vice President of WWPFG.org

and so are the cirrus clouds in the western sky at dusk 

and the black sand on the beaches of Hawaii's big island.


You own everything, my dear sovereign - the paintings in all the museums of the world, as well as the internet 


 And the Wild horses...
Copyrighted and made by Rebekah Smith ,the President of WWPFG .org  This Horse was done with all pressed plant materials 


 


And the roads. 



Please take good care of it all, OK? 
Be an enlightened monarch who treats your domain with reverent responsibility. 



And make sure you also enjoy the full measure of fun that comes with such mastery. 

Glide through life as if all of creation is yearning to honor and entertain you.
written by
Rob Brezsny
American Author, Storyteller and Rock Musician

 Wishing You a blessed Peaceful day. Now go back to Mimi's link above and see what she is doing for Peace today.
And Dawn asks, "Is this the world you want?"

18 comments:

  1. I'm happy and fortunate to be the first reader of your peace post, Terica. Great job!!!
    It is people like you, with messages like these, that will gradually get the job of peace done!
    Thank you!
    Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Terica...I almost liked it better than your other website, almost, but not quite - they are both equally fantastic!

    Peace to you my new friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly inspiring! You brought me Peace as I read it and gazed at the lovely images.

    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a joy to wake up to such nice messages . Thanks to everyone that comes by today .
    Peace and love to You all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terica,

    What an incredible post! You are an inspiration to me today. Actually, you have been an inspiration for weeks. I welcome you to the Bee Hive of peace globe workers and to this movement. And I thank you for all the hard work you've done in the name of peace and this project since you found us (or did we find you? not sure)....

    My wish for you is that you enjoy this day and take in all the wisdom that is around us universally as the little blue globes fly. Facebook is lit up with them. Google is lit up with them. I am totally amazed by them.

    Thank you again for all you have done. I have a feeling this is the beginning of a lovely association.

    Dona nobis pacem,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely beautiful!:-)

    thank you so much for sharing it with us:-)

    peace!:-)

    rebekah:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terica, this is a lovely post. Many of us did something simple. Yours is lavish and grand. Can tell you've put a lot of effort into it. Peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you from the Dona Nobis Pacem. I love your site. I’m going to poke around a little bit, but don’t worry I’ll put everything back where I found it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful post for Peace. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful thing you have done here, Terica! You have a 'good heart' and that alone gives peace to all you come in contact with...I know this to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am very honored by the wonderful comments here. Wishing Peace to all that come by .terica

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have done a wonderful job of touching minds as well as hearts with this. It is truly beautiful. I know all that view it will come away with some of the peace you feel and that you have added an extra amount to share with each and everyone that comes by. My Lady Of Peace. You always give so much of yourself in so many ways. Once again it's beautiful. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  13. very nice post...for peace!

    the pictures...words...quotes...all blend together nicely...as a much needed message to get out there...PEACE for everyone...

    thanks...peace...to you... :]

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful and inspiring post - one of the best I have read today! It's a great way to look at things: the world IS ours and we all must take care of it. Wonderfully written - thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful thoughts and images about peace.

    Peace to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, Terica. It left me smiling inside and out.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your peace post is now linked in my blog: Peace Bloggers Unite

    ReplyDelete
  18. This contribution is #1803 in the Official Peace Globe gallery at blogblastforpeace.com

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete

I wish I knew an easier way for folks to comment ?
Thanks for leaving a message . I will try to always answer any questions ASAP.
PEACE